Follow toxic_freak on Twitter

Sunday 12 April 2009

A Shipwreck in the Sand



So I never managed to get tickets for Alexisonfire, here's hoping they do a proper U.K tour (London is not the only place on this god-forsaken rock). Looking forward to their new album 'Young Cardinals' though, I like the title, tis cool!

I managed to squeeze a trip into Birmingham the before work the other day, its amazing how much money I can spend in like half an hour! Bought my self a groovy pant and vest set and a yummy mambo purple check shirt from this cool surf style outlet store!

Also made a productive trip to Tempest Records got two Moneen records, 'the red tree' and 'are we really happy with who we are'. Also picked up the latest Silverstein record 'A shipwreck in the sand' and on first listen it sounds pretty awesome, I know it's something of a concept record which doesn't always work but so far so, so good.




On a slightly more depressing note I can't believe I never got round to buying tickets and booking time off for Give it a Name. Now it's sold out and I really wanted to see both Thursday and Taking Back Sunday. Damn! Having only just got into Thursday the fact that they were in the U.K was amazing but now I can't bloody go!

2 comments:

  1. You weren't joking when you said you had a blog! Music review the way you're going with it then? I found out it wasn't Banksy- you were right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never joke my dear! Sort going down that route, may post reviews later I'm just being uber lazy at the moment!

    ReplyDelete