Follow toxic_freak on Twitter

Saturday 18 April 2009

Burned out in a jar


It's days like today I wish I was back in Bangor, chilling on the front lawn blasting out some death cab! Had a good chat with Ffi today, was informed that someone thinks I have bad music taste! Which I find hilarious, she's a bit of scene kid and a very pretentious one at that! Maybe she's just jealous as me and her boyfriend share a similar liking in music! Man why do people always need the drama, just living is enough! There is no need to create extra drama! Losers!


Took me a good two albums to fall asleep last night. First we had Moneen- The Red Tree, that album continues to surprise me. Its pretty much all I've listened to since I bought it and I'm loving it! Especially 'The day no one needed to know' with it's anthemic breakdown which I can't help sing along to even when walking home from work with my headphones one, also 'the frightening reality that we will all die one day' with its killer intro and for a final song on an album you can't get much better than 'The song I swore to never sing' with it's simple melody and lyrics it's hauntingly brilliant.

Then I listened to He is Legend- I am Hollywood, it's thanks to Last-FM playing me 'Dinner with a gypsy' that fell in love with this band. That song has the most awesome intro and outro very jazz influenced it even got a nod from my dad which is a lot! This album has more riffs than you can shake a stick at, sort of reminds me a little of Hundred Reasons. Schuylar Croom has such a great voice the clean vocals are faultless and the screams are immense what more can you ask for?

Currently checking out a bit of Polar Bear Club and I'm liking them! More listening needs to be done there playing a show in brum in May and they're also playing Slam Dunk Festivals which looks like something I need to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment