Follow toxic_freak on Twitter

Friday 13 November 2009

We are the sound

So a month and a half without the Internet! And a month and a half in the new flat!

So what have I been up to, well I've been to 5 gigs in 5 weeks probably some kind of record! First we had Enter Shikari who shock the foundations of the new Birmingham Academy, absolutely killer gig! Up next was the Eastpak Antidote tour with Alexisonfire, Anti-Flag, Four Year Strong and The ghost of a thousand. This was quite possibly my most anticipated gig ever and my god it didn't disappoint. The Ghost of a Thousand (a band I could probably like if I took the time to listen to them) were good. Next up were Four Year Strong with their epic songs and killer breakdowns were amazing it was a shame about the poor quality sound but I wasn't complaining after singing into the mic! Then there was anti-flag, I'd made my way to the front for this and they were great, good quality punk rock plus the drummer moved his entire kit into the crowd and played a song in the pit! Epic. Then came the main event Alexisonfire blew it away, a band that play every set like it's the most important one of their life. The amount of energy they create together is immense! George was on fire, prowling the stage and Steele was all over the place like a mad man! Plus a surprise appearance by Cancer Bats singing Hail Destroyer it couldn't have got any better. Set-list: Heading for the Sun, Boiled Frogs, We Are the Sound, Drunks, lovers, sinners saints, No Transitory, Young Cardinals, Rough Hands, Born and Raised, This Could be Anywhere in the World, Accept Crime, Accidents and Happiness by the Kilowatt.

No comments:

Post a Comment